Flashback to 2009: one of the year’s most fevered pop breakthroughs emerges from the depths of clubland with a crossover dance-pop track called ‘Stuck on Repeat’, an infectious club hit produced by Hot Chip’s Joe Goddard, shortly followed by the chart-topping debut album, ‘Hands’. Read More...
Flashback to 2009: one of the year’s most fevered pop breakthroughs emerges from the depths of clubland with a crossover dance-pop track called ‘Stuck on Repeat’, an infectious club hit produced by Hot Chip’s Joe Goddard, shortly followed by the chart-topping debut album, ‘Hands’.
Last November, Little Boots returned with surprise release; the monstrous six-minute modern disco epic ‘Shake’, constructed in one afternoon after a spontaneous liaison with Simian Mobile Disco’s James Ford. With an exclusive world premiere on Annie Mac’s Radio 1 show, ‘Shake’ shot to Hype Machine’s No. 1 spot, and within 24hrs, “#shake” was trending worldwide on Twitter. Boots was back, and in sensational new dance-pop form.
Record Store Day 2012 saw the exclusive release of the icy piano-house classic ‘Every Night I Say A Prayer’, a collaboration with a long-term admirer Hercules and Love Affair’s Andy Butler, complimented by a frosty retro club remix by the one and only Tensnake.
But the first real commercial head-turn moment from Boots’ second LP (due for release in Spring 2013) is the buzzing groovy disco-pop team-up with NYC heavy-hitters The Knocks, ‘Heaphones’. An inspired loopy, sample-laden crossover smash-in-the-making, ‘Headphones’ is a sure sign that Boots has her sights set on big things this year, and with remixes from God-like house and garage producer Todd Edwards, French dance royalty Dimitri from Paris, The Knocks themselves and pop-chanteuse Ronika, dance-pop domination looks set in stone for Little Boots.
- Litte Boots' "Nocturnes" is called "one of the pop albums of the year" by The Guardian
- Little Boots dishes on "Nocturnes" to Cosmopolitan
- Little Boots featured on SPIN
- Little Boots' "Motorway" featured on BBC
- Little Boots on Strongroom Alive podcast
- Little Boots' Styled to Rock episode
- Little Boots' i-N Session on i-D
- Little Boots' Blur cover featured on Pitchfork's Forkcast
- Little Boots performs for Daytrotter
- Little Boots in NYLON feature article and editorial spread