Fat Cat Records
Volker Bertelmann, the man behind Hauschka, is a Dusseldorf-based pianoist and composer from Kreuztal Nordrheinwestfalen, Germany. Read More...
• Hauschka is performance name for Volker Bertelmann
• Dusseldorf-based, hometown Kreuztal Nordrheinwestfalen, Germany
• Recording artist for Fat Cat Records and Karoake Kalk
• Classical piano lessons at the public music school begun at age 9; composed first film music for the German Crime Series „Ein Fall für Zwei“ at age 18
• Studied Medicine from 1988- 1990 and Ökonomics from 1990 – 1992 and in 1994, study of pop music at the Kontaktstudiengang Popularmusik in Hamburg
• Founded and curated the annual Approximation Piano Festival in Dusseldorf in 2005, featuring an international program of renowned experimental artists and collaborations. Hauschka curates the program each year. http://www.approximation-festival.de.
• Acted in lead role in the short movie Bloksky directed by Jeff Desom, won the Akira Kurosawa short film award.
• Shortlisted for the Deutsche Filmpreis, best film music for the Glueck, directed by Doris Dörrie
- Hauschka performs "Silver Lake" for the Room 205 series
- Hauschka demonstrates preparing a piano in the NPR studios
- Hauschka's Salon des Amateurs reviewed on Pitchfork
- Hauschka featured in the New York Times
- Hauschka's New York performance reviewed in CMJ
- Hauschka's Ferndorf reviewed in Prefix Mag
- Hauschka's performance reviewed in The Brighton Source